Another year has came and gone for our family providing Christmas for needy families in Tazewell County.
This year we were able to provide Christmas to 6 families. One from the Springville area, Two from the Bluefield area and one from the Cedar Bluff, One from the Richlands area and one from the Tazewell area, 36 people in all.
Not only did friends and family come to the aid in helping donate items, we had items shipped for the Christmas families from Maine, Washington, Indiana, Arkansas, Arizona, NC, and Wisconsin.
Tazewell County schools jumped in and helped too, Graham High, Pocahontas High, Tazewell High, Tazewell Middle, Raven Elementary, Richlands Elementary, and Springville Elementary.
Robert wrapped over 1000 presents this year.
With help we provided each child/family with:
Plus various other items.
- A Winter coat
- A pair of shoes (some more than one pair)
- A large box of food items, 2 canned hams, a turkey and paper products.
- At least one new toy (many received several new toys) and many like new toy items.
- At least one new outfit (some received several new outfits) and many like new clothing items
- A stuffed animal (some received several)
- A box full of school supplies
- A "goodie" box filled with candy, small toys and snacks.
- A box full each of reading books, coloring books and/or puzzle books.
- A new pair of PJs or a gown.
- Each received at least one pack of underwear and socks.
- Each (or most) received a hat/toboggan/scarf and gloves.
Thank you one and all. May God shower you with his blessings and as Michael Combs would say, "I'm drinking from my saucer because my cup is running over." This is our wish to you and yours.
If you would like to donate gift items or money here is how:
For a monetary donation or a store gift card (please only K-mart or Wal-Mart)
Labor Of Love Mission
P.O. Box 386
North Tazewell, VA
For gift items and packages ship to:
Labor of Love Mission
Route 2 Box 86
North Tazewell, VA
If you have questions call (276) 988-5583, ext 209
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.